Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sod Job/Importance of root pruning

this area behind the 7th green has always been a beotch.
we've been slice seeding the area for about 3 years now, and no solid growth has held. The reason is probably due to the trees directly behind the green. The roots have been creeping up closer and closer to the green weakening the surrounding grass roots. We had someone come in and root prune behind the green last week. Today at around 12:00PM I sod cut the dead area, with our old school shit sod cutter.
I had to shovel all the dead stuff out, nothing could be saved, all trash thatch crap dirt grass. While I was shoveling out the crap some member came up and said "Why are you doing this today? Isnt there an outing at 2:00". Cool. I did the fastest clean up and sod job I ever did. We got some free sod from the city so I threw it inI know some areas look off, but they really arent. I watered the area for about 5mins, and was finished 10 mins before the outing. meh

No comments: