Sunday, May 24, 2009

Saw ICallFives last night

Colin texted me and said "you're my last hope call me asap". Thinking he needed a ride or was being punched, I called him back. He said he wanted to go to the ICallFives show cause he needed to talk to them about filling in on guitar when they tour. Well we got there honestly 2 mins before they went on.. perfect timing. The music was awesome... guitars, drums and bass.... thats about it. Vocals were a big let down. What I was looking forward to was this..

(I still think its awesome the bass player drew is wearing a jumpercable shirt in the video)
but instead I got some guy looking like Jamie Kennedy (clickie) who cared more about his hair during the set than the vocals. The weird thing was they played 2 brand new songs... it really bummed me out. 6 song set, 2 songs were new. Again, the music was fucking tight, and on point and was worth the hour drive. Colin talked to them, and we rolled out. When we were leaving I saw this street.honestly though, buy their album. Its cheap as shit, and its worth the money, not one shitty song on the entire thing

I CALL FIVES - First Things First itunes link

2 comments:

Gee said...

i'm jealous.

mike said...

New singer is a jabroni convention.

Band's still aces though.